Lawn Programs – Warm Season Grass Tips (Bermuda)
- As with Cool Season Grasses a basic lawn program should include granular fertlizer in the Spring and Fall. The remainder of the year the program should consist of the following liquid program that has been very successful with golf courses. We do sell granular fertlizers in certain areas. Ask about our pricing.
- Use the same program as for Cool Season Grasses only increase application rates of NPK 16-4-8 or 10-8-8 or 12-0-12 NPK up to 12 ounces per thousand square feet.
- A basic lawn program should include either 16-4-8 or 10-8-8 or 12-0-12 NPK along with a monthly use of Soil Amend or Soil Amend Plus and GSR MicroBurst Calcium or GSR Turf Rite Calcium. This can be supplemented with ECO MicroBoost or Dark Green for more green color and to add micronutrients to the soil. Bio-Degrader should be used when there is excessive thatch. SSP can be used if the lawn is compacted
- Foliar liquid products last about 14-21 days and in some cases 28 days. Apply 16-4-8, or 10-8-8 or 12-0-12 NPK every 14-21 days.
- Mix it with Soil Amend Plus at least every month. For darker green color mix 16-4-8 or 10-8-8 with 12-0-12 NPK with Dark Green or ECO MicroBoost.
- Most products may be able to be mixed together depending on the amount of water and the sprayer. Dark Green and MicroBoost may not mix well with other products.
- Soil Amend can be applied at 6-7 ounces per thousand square feet of lawn.
- GSR MicroBurst Calcium or GSR Turf Rite Calcium should be applied monthly at 2 ounces per thousand square feet for GSR MicroBurst Calcium and 3 ounces for GSR Turf Rite Calcium
- All our liquid products can be injected into irrigation systems.
GSR MicroBurst Calcium or GSR Turf Rite Calcium Apply every month. 2 ounces per thousand square feet for GSR MicroBurst Calcium and 3 ounces for GSR Turf Rite Calcium
Bio-Degrader as needed. 3 ounces per thousand square feet.
SSP as needed. 1-2 ounces per thousand square feet.
Always test mixtures for spraying compatibility before mixing large amounts together.